- Challenging and exciting classes focusing on writing, thinking, and communicating.
- Rigorous and comprehensive education based on global perspectives.
- Preparedness for college studies through Theory of Knowledge class.
- Recognition and development of the potential of each student.
- Traditional high school with extra-curricular activities.
- Community involvement, and a commitment to community and human welfare.
- A high school with over 125 years of excellence and tradition.
- The latest in technology and information resources.
- High standard of teaching required by the International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Advance course placement at colleges and universities around the world.
- High expectations for students and the development of their full academic potential in all areas of study
Modesto High School is pleased to announce that the MHS International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme has successfully completed its five-year review and was found not only to be in compliance with the IB program and its philosophies, but was commended on implementation efforts in the areas of Extended Essay (EE) and Creativity, Activity, & Service (CAS), specifically. The term of authorization is in effect until Spring 2022. Special thanks to all of the parents, students, staff, and community members who provided input during this valuable process.